Welcome to the OSAT Blog Hopper's Designer's Choice Blog Hop!! I am thrilled to be joining this month with such an amazing group of stampers!! You hopefully just joined in from Lori's awesome blog! Thanks so much for stopping by The Creativity Cave by Dena Rekow!
I couldn't be more excited about my projects for this month! I have had something in my mind for a while and I just love how it all came together!
I still dont' feel like these pictures do justice to how AWESOME this Framed Decor Piece turned out! The colors are amazing and so much prettier than my photos show. I used Very Vanilla, Typeset DSP, Hello Honey and Bermuda Bay with Gold Glimmer Papers. The flowers are cut from the Spiral Flower Die.
As I was working out what I wanted to make for this hop, I had been toying with coming back to my Spiral Flower Die. I love this die!! It has so many possibilities and is really easy to use if you are not afraid to whip out your glue gun! Once I picked my color scheme and diecut the flowers (each flower is one flower wound up, except the DSP ones--there are two together for a fuller flower as the DSP is thinner than cardstock). All I needed to do was roll them up, glue them down and pick something to put on top!
Now here is where things get interesting! I was all set to watercolor some leaves and add them to the frame. I even stamped, embossed and watercolored them to match, but when I put them on top, it was just not right at all. Back to square one! I knew I wanted to tie it all together with some gold, so I tried a gold glimmer paper leaf and I was sold.
In trying to decide what "word" or phrase to put over the leaf, I finally settled on "blessed" I think it is a good reminder of how blessed we are in our lives, despite whatever trials we are going through (and believe me when I say: I have had some trials--as we all have!) It is a great reminder!
I added a little gold thread behind my blessed flag. I used the Back to the Basics Alphabet to stamp Blessed in Black on Vanilla Cardstock that I trimmed. Super easy!
But I had the left over leaves...what to do?? That's where my cards come in! Check out the video--it explains it all and shows you how it all came together!
I just love the way the cards turned out--very simple and easy and classy looking! I hope you like them, too! Please share this with your friends if you like what you see!
As for making the spirals, I have a video from earlier this summer for you to watch with tips on how to wind them up super easily and some other projects that I created using this awesome die!!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please feel free to sign up for my Mailing List for exclusive content delivered right to your inbox each month! Also, all the products I used are shown below the blog hop list! Make sure to head on over to Renee's blog for more amazing inspiration!
- Eva - http://evascardsandthings.evabussom.com/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice.html
- Ginger - https://myheartspleasure.wordpress.com/2015/09/10/osat-designers-choice-blog-hop/
- Martie - https://martie-pollard.squarespace.com/welcome/2015/9/10/osat-september-designers-choice
- Elizabeth Jeanne--http://craftsbyhappystamper.com/2015/09/10/designers-choice-osat-blog-hop/
- Amanda Bodine - http://rutabagapiedesigns.blogspot.com/2015/09/osat-september-blog-hop-designers-choice.html
- Megan - http://meganttstamps.blogspot.com/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice.html
- Wynne - http://cropsscissorspaper.blogspot.com/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice.html
- Lori Mueller - http://www.stampindreams.com/my-blog/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice-in-september.html
- Dena Rekow- http://www.thecreativitycave.com/my_weblog/2015/09/osat-designers-choice-blog-hop.html (you are here)
- Renee Ondrajka - http://stampinwithrenee.blogspot.com/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice.html
- Tina Riddle - http://www.tinascropshop.com/2015/09/osat-september-blog-hop-designers-choice.html
- Diane Squires - http://stampandembellish.com/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice/
- Maria Willis - http://cardbomb.blogspot.com/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designer-choice.html
- Raquelle Clifton - http://ladyandherstamps.blogspot.com/2015/09/osat-designers-choice-blog-hop.html
- Jeanna Bohanon http://stamptimesomewhere.typepad.com/stamp_time_somewhere/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers_choice.html
- Terri Takashige - http://territerbear.blogspot.com/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice.html
- Kim Smith - http://craftingbuddy.blogspot.com/2015/09/osat-designers-choice-blog-hop.html
- Maggie - http://www.maggiemadecards.com/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice/
- Marisa - http://dzinesbymeg.typepad.com/dzines_by_meg/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice-in-september.html
- Holly - http://hollyshobbs.blogspot.com/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice.html
- Andrea P - http://andreascardshop.com/new-blog-avenue/2015/9/10/osat-blog-hoppers-designers-choice
- Andrea T. - http://onestampinmothertucker.blogspot.com/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice.html