Welcome to another addition of Friday Quickies! I have a great video for you today and I am so giddy about this technique I can hardly stand it! :) The Faux Watercolor technique is super simple--can't wait for you to try it out! It is totally addictive!
Gather Your Supplies:
- 1/2 Sheet Old Olive plus a 5 1/8 x 3 3/4 panel
- 5 x 3 5/8" Watercolor Paper
- Vintage Leaves Stamp Set and Better Together Stamp Set (greeting)
- Old Olive and Early Espresso ink pads
- Ribbon (Vanilla Satin on card or Crochet trim from video)
- Make sure to watercolor over the image right away (don't stamp all of the leaves at first!) Mix up stamped off and full-strength inks.
- Clean off excess ink from aquapainter to get best results
- don't stamp overlapping "wet" areas
- Try a variety of stamp images for lots of fun!!
This card is super simple--I just used the heart from Endless Thank You and the "with love" is from You're So Sweet.
- 1/2 sheet Crumb Cake
- 2 1/2 x 4 1 /4" Crumb Cake Embossed with Hear folder
- Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits
- Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Peekaboo Peach, Calypso Coral, Watermelon Wonder, Melon Mambo and Rose Red Inks
I used Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon, Old Olive, Night of Navy and Rich Razzleberry inks. I diecut each leaf (stamped and watercolored on Watercolor paper).
Thank you is from One Big Meaning. Such a great color combo for fall--I hope you love it! IF you are a CREATIVITY CAVE VIP, I have some amazing cards and another great video to share, so make sure to check out our FB page! Not a VIP yet? Just place an order and you'll be one!!! Details below!
Want some more inspiration? I have several other online classes to choose from including Watercolor School, Totally Trees and more! check out my ONLINE CLASSES! So much fun available to you and delivered to your door!! Lots of fun projects and inspiration!
Thanks so much for stamping with me today! Can't wait to have you back soon! And thank you so much for stopping by The Creativity Cave! If you have loved these projects and can't wait to get some of the things I've used, I would be so grateful if you would purchase them through my online store! Every time you order through The Creativity Cave, my heart soars, and I think of more ways to inspire you through my awesomeness and amazing stamping projects! I would really appreciate your business! It helps keep amazing projects coming to you every week! I have a fantastic VIP Rewards program for you with all kinds of perks including access to my VIP Rewards Page with exclusive projects, videos, tutorials, contests and more! I also love to send Thank You Cards for orders!! You can read about the VIP Rewards program here. Don't forget to use September's Hostess Code: ZDDQH2JY
It means so much to me that you let me into your craft rooms and devices! ;) I love that I can share my passion with you! Could you also please share my post on your favorite Social Media! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT--I am so grateful for each of you!! Happy Stamping!